Monday, August 4, 2008

Veteran's Memorial Pool

After several frustrating hours of swimsuit shopping (I'm exaggerating just a tad, but it still wasn't the best experience of my life), my neighbor Bobbi and I took Taylor to the Veteran's Memorial Pool here in Provo. I have never been there before (mostly because of my lack of swimsuit and my lack of enthusiasm at wearing one) and it's actually a really neat place.

They have a large swimming pool with water slides, but the best part is the enormous kiddie pool complete with miniature water slides, fountains, and water guns. Taylor had an absolute blast, and there was so much to see and do that I think his little baby brain went crazy trying to take it all in. At one point he crawled over and sat under a small sprinkler that shot him right in the face. He'd start whining and Bobbi or I would pull him away from it, but he'd just crawl right back and stick his face in the water again.

The funniest part was when we were drying off; he lounged in his floaty (that he refused to stay in when we were actually in the water) and collected rocks that I'm sure he would have kept for years to come if Bobbi hadn't slyly thrown them away when he wasn't looking.


All in all it was a great day and I'm sure we'll be back there at least a couple more times before fall.

No comments: