Thursday, March 3, 2011
Our little Ollie is a quarter of a year old today. How time flies! He's changed so much since he was born and I've loved seeing his little personality develop over this past month.
Some facts about our bitty three-month-old:
- Oliver loves to laugh. He especially loves when Taylor makes funny sounds or when Daddy talks gibberish to him. He has such a sweet little belly laugh that we never get tired of hearing.
- This baby is insanely ticklish. One little poke to the back of his neck, shoulders, armpits, belly, legs, or knees will make him squeal and roll onto his side laughing. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen.
- He's still growing like a weed and is almost in 6-9 month clothes now. Crazy! I tried to put a 3-6 month onesie on him the other day and I had to stretch it down so far to snap it that his little shoulders popped out the top. I can't believe how big he is!
- Ollie LOVES his softie blankie. I've never known such a new baby to be so attached to one blanket, but he sure is. All you have to do is lay his blanket on his belly and he immediately grabs a fistful of it, brings it up and buries his entire face in it. He loves being wrapped up warm and always has at least one hand on his blankie at all times.
- He gets up about 2-3 times at night. I couldn't tell you how long he actually sleeps because I co-sleep with him and I'm pretty much only half-awake when he gets up to nurse at night. Co-sleeping has been wonderful for us and has helped both me and the baby get a good night's sleep. He usually won't go to bed until around 10 or 11 but usually sleeps in until about 10 in the morning, so it's worth it.
- Oliver thinks his big brother is just the greatest person in the world. He's always watching Taylor play with such a longing expression on his face. I can tell he just wants to jump up and play with his brother so badly.
- He loves to take naps in the swing, which is nice because it gives me a bit of a break and I'm better able to get things done during the day.
- He loves hanging out with Daddy at night after big brother goes to bed. He sits on Sean's lap and watches tv with us, content to get in some snuggle time since he doesn't get to see Daddy very much right now.
- He's always babbling and cooing in his own little language to anyone who will listen. I'm not quite sure what he's trying to say, but it sure sounds important.
- He's getting close to rolling over from his back to his tummy. He gets super excited when I lay him on the floor and he immediately pulls his legs up so he's in a little ball and throws himself over on his side. A couple of times he almost made it all the way over to his tummy. I have a feeling that when he actually does roll all the way over it'll scare him to death.
I've loved spending so much time with my little Oliver. He's getting so big and I love watching him grow and develop every day. He's such a sweet little thing!