This will be the third year I've done a list of things I'm thankful for, and I think that this is the perfect time of year to really reflect on my blessings and the things in my life that I love. So here is my 2009 list of the things I'm most grateful for (in no particular order).
- To be married to a man who absolutely adores me, even with all my flaws. Sean has stuck by me even at my worst and is the most incredible, loving, selfless man I know, and the fact that I'm married and sealed to him makes me the luckiest woman in the world.
- My amazing little boy who makes me laugh at least 50 times a day. I am constantly in awe of his intelligence and ability to observe life around him. He is my sunshine.
- Oreos. Need I say more?
- My sewing machine. I've had it for several years, but I feel like I'm just starting to really appreciate it and understand it's full potential.
- To be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (a.k.a. the "Mormon Church"). I'm grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ to lead and direct my life. I'm grateful for the blessings that have come from following the Church's teachings, and I'm thankful to have a modern-day prophet - President Thomas S. Monson - to lead us today.
- My health. I've been on a health kick lately and I love how much better I feel when I take care of my body the way I should.
- My parents. My mom is one of the most giving, considerate women I know and I love her so much. My daddy is an amazing, strong, intelligent man and I absolutely adore him.
- Bedtime and Naptime. All mothers will understand why this made my list.
- A warm, comfortable home. I love our apartment year-round, but especially at this chilly time of year. My home is my refuge.
- Friends. I love every friend I have - those that I've grown up with, those that I'm just beginning to know. I love friends that live close and friends that I wish were closer. I love friends I see on a regular basis and those that I haven't been able to see for a while. You are all precious gems to me.
- My siblings. I think I'm just starting to really appreciate my brother and sister. They are some of my best friends and I love them unconditionally. I worry for them like I would my own children, and I love watching them succeed and become adults along with me.
- A reliable vehicle. Old Petunia - our '97 Nissan Sentra - might not be the prettiest belle at the ball, but she gets us from point A to point B and has a working heater and air conditioner. Couldn't ask for anything more than that.
- Paradise Bakery's fire-roasted tomato and basil soup. I seriously dream about it.
- Books. Reading has always been a passion of mine and I regard my books as precious treasures. Now if only I had more time to read...
And rounding out the list - hot glue, antiques, warm blankets, hot chocolate, hot dates with my hubby, the magic of the holidays, extended family members, and our enormous tufted ottoman in the living room.
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week of Thanksgiving, and remember to take the time to think about what you're grateful for!