Thursday, November 24, 2011
I'd like to wish all of our family and friends a very Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm so grateful for so much in my life, and I like to take this time each year to count my blessings and make a list of those things that I am most happy to have in my life. Here is my 2011 list.
1. My three boys. Life wouldn't be worth living without them.
2. My parents. They give me so much that I can never repay them for.
3. Friends. No matter how long it's been since we've seen one another, I keep you close to my heart.
4. Orem. I complain a lot about living here, but I think it's also one of the most beautiful places ever. The mountains are mesmerizing and call to me often.
5. My health. I've worked hard, made many sacrifices, and am almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight. It's wonderful to have a fit, healthy body that can carry me throughout the day.
6. Self-acceptance. This has been a year of reflection, and I feel I've come out the other end feeling a lot of love for myself. I've finally accepted the things I've always fought against, and it feels great. Peaceful.
7. Creativity. It's incredibly therapeutic when I can break out the sewing machine or knitting needles or hot glue gun and let my imagination run wild.
8. Sleep. I don't get nearly enough of it, but it's one of the simple things in this life I cherish most. There's just nothing quite like getting good sleep.
9. Hot showers. Another simple pleasure that I take advantage of as much as possible.
10. Love in all forms. The love I have for my husband, for my children, my extended family, my friends; for those I've lost, for those who've forgotten me, for my fellow mothers, fellow women with one common goal of raising the next generation. I just love feeling love.
I hope you all have a fantastic day with your loved ones surrounding you and that you take the time to think about those things in your life you are particularly grateful for. We are blessed.