Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Five!

As much as it hurts my poor mommy heart to say it, my baby turned FIVE YEARS OLD on Monday. I seriously can't believe how big he is, and I spent most of the day yesterday bawling and thinking about things like Taylor learning to drive and going away to college and getting married and having his own kids and forgetting to call his mother on her birthday. Y'know, logical things one thinks about when their child is about to start Kindergarten.

Anyhoo, Tay decided this year he wanted an Angry Birds birthday party. We had a big potluck with our family and friends on Saturday, and then on Monday we went to Kangaroo Zoo with his best friend Chanel (and Chanel's mommy and little brother). Here are some pictures from his party.

The two cakes made by yours truly:



Opening presents. He got tons of loot!


 Tay's new bike from Mommy and Daddy (Sean put it together himself! So happy to be married to a guy who can put together and fix just about anything.):


 The after-math. He had to open every single package and lay everything out all over the living room, including all his new clothes. Such a crack-up!


 Tay Bug had an awesome birthday. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole five-year-old thing, but I also love watching him grow and learn and develop his own little personality. Love you Taylor! Happy birthday!

No comments: