Monday, November 10, 2008

Yep, I'm still alive.

The last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic with the move, but we are pretty much settled in now and I thought I'd post a quick update.

First of all, Halloween was pretty fun this year! I took a break from packing to go trick-or-treating with Tay-bug and some extended family members. He was really confused as to why he was dressed as a dinosaur, walking around at night, knocking on stranger's doors, and getting candy without having to beg for it. After a while he caught on though, and he was running as fast as he could - dino tail swinging - to keep up with the bigger kids. It was lots of fun, and he got quite a big loot (which I promptly ate).

Here's Tay in his dino costume - he wouldn't keep the hood on:


And here is the most awesome miniature Snow White I've ever seen:


The next morning we were up bright and early to start the big move, and I was amazed at how many people came to help and how fantastic the weather was. We got moved in record time - it was the unpacking that almost had me suffering from an extreme emotional breakdown. Now that we're settled and (almost) every box is unpacked I feel a lot better and I love that Taylor has more room to run around and play. The best part about living where we are is that Sean is now literally 3 minutes away from work, which means I can take the car if I need to and we're spending a LOT less money in gas.

Thanks to everyone that helped and supported us during this transition to our new place!

1 comment:

Sara said...

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see that costume again. And the shoes.

Yes, I am easily entertained.

I can't believe how big he is! So cute.

And how's your new place? And why haven't you posted pictures of it yet?