Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Just another day in paradise...

Today is my first day on my own with both kiddos. (Technically I was solo yesterday too, but I spent most of the day at my aunt's house, so it doesn't really count.)

It's been quite an adventurous day, to say the least. So far today I've been pooped on, peed on, and puked on. I've cleaned up the aforementioned messes and given the wee one a bath. I've thrown a Transformer across the room after stepping on it for the third time. I've transformed said Transformer at least 20 times, half of those times with only one hand since I was nursing at the same time. I've scrubbed Spaghettio's out of my carpet after a certain three-year-old had his lunch.


I sat the wee one on the floor in front of the Christmas tree to make myself some lunch, and when I came back in the living room he was asleep.



I feel like I've been going and going and going all morning, and yet my living room looks like it got hit by a tornado.


I'm tired and stinky and have a song from "Sid the Science Kid" stuck in my head.

And you know what?

I absolutely love my life and wouldn't want it any other way. It's a privilege taking care of these two little ones every day.

4 comments:

Cathy Brooksby said...

I knew you could do it. It is so much work but hopefully in about 6 months it will be that much easier. Mostly because you can go outside. :)

Unknown said...

That's not a tornado'd living room, i've seen it much worse! ;-) But in all seriousness, you are doing great and I love you so much. You are so strong, and SOO beautiful.

Lindz said...

You are an awesome mom. good job. keep loving it!

Vicki said...

:-) Merry Christmas, Mama!