Monday, July 11, 2011

Long-Sleeved Tee Makeover

I absolutely love Target's Mossimo Tissue Tees and wear them almost daily in the fall and winter. I had a grey long-sleeve tissue tee that was still in decent condition, but the tips of the sleeves had holes in them from the last two years of wear. Rather than toss it out I thought I'd give it a little summer makeover.


I started by cutting the sleeves short and refinishing the hem. Because I didn't have grey thread on hand I went with a pretty teal. I then opened the neckline a bit, again finishing the hem in teal. Then I got a bit crafty and cut strips from the parts of the leftover sleeve that were still in good condition, as well as some teal faux suede fabric I've had for several years now. I basted the edges of the teal fabric and the center of the grey fabric, then pulled tight to form ruffles. I then positioned the ruffles down the front of the shirt, pinned, and zigzag stitched them into place permanently.


What do you think? I really love the way it came out, and it's now got me on a sewing frenzy. I'm sure I'll post some more projects soon!

5 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Very Cute!!

Whit said...

Love girl!!!! good job

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Cathy Brooksby said...

I am Impressed, very nice.

Rosalee said...

Very, very cute!!!! I need to be brave and do things like this!

Nicole said...

that is so cute!!! you are so creative! i just love it! I'm lucky if i can sew a straight line on a sewing machine!!