Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tons of stuff...

Okay, okay. I know it's been forever since I've posted, but I've been really busy (keeping up with all my favorite tv shows and vegging on the sofa is sooooo time consuming). Actually June was a pretty crazy month for Sean and I, mainly because we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary and my 24th birthday. So here's several posts combined to catch you up on all the happenings in the Nichols family.

First of all, baby Taylor has officially become a toddler! He took his first steps yesterday and is slowly entering the realm of bipededness (no, I don't care if that's not a word). Obviously this new mode of transportation has it's pros and cons. It's nice that he'll soon be getting around easier, but that means he'll also be getting into trouble easier AND getting hurt more often. All that aside, it's so fun to watch him wobble around and it amazes me every day how much he's grown.

Like I said before, we celebrated our anniversary on the 22nd of June. Sean gave me a personalized journal and I gave him a hammock for our backyard (okay, so it was more for me than him, but it's the thought that counts, right?). I can't believe it's been 6 years! I guess the cliche is true - time flies while you're having fun. Love you baby!!

Also like I mentioned before, my birthday was the 24th of June. Since it was a Tuesday there wasn't much we could do, but Sean did take me to dinner after my dance class that night and it was fun to be babyless for a little while. Last Sunday we had a small party at our house and I was surprised how many people came - I'm so loved!

These past few days have been stressful because Taylor has had croup. And bad cough + sore throat = very cranky baby. We've done all the tricks I learned as a kid - humidifier, vaporub, steam baths, and lots of liquids. I'm hoping he'll be feeling 100% better for Friday; I definitely am not up for spending another 4th of July stuck in our house. To avoid getting sick ourselves, Sean and I have been taking Airborne three times a day and it seems to be working well - knock on wood! The funniest part about Tay being sick (okay, the ONLY funny part) is that he's fascinated with the humidifier. He's constantly standing up on it and sticking his face right now in the mist. It cracks me up, and he gets an extra concentrated dose of vaporized water at the same time!

Well that's your recap for the month of June in the Nichols family. I'll try to post more often this month since I hate playing catch-up. Plus if I don't post something right away I forget about it. Dumb mommy brain....

P.S. I know there's no pictures in this post. Sean is currently trying to figure out why almost all of my pictures have mysteriously disappeared from iPhoto. Ah the joys...

EDIT: Okay, Sean figured it out and there's pictures now. Thank goodness for the geeks of the world!

No comments: