Friday, September 4, 2009

She's Crafty


It's that time of year again - time to break out the knitting needles!

I am determined to learn more this year than just the basic knit and purl stitches so I can make something besides scarves, potholders, and blankets. Thanks to the wonders of the internet I've been able to do just that! So far I've learned the basics of reading knitting patterns, how to make a rib pattern, how to do a basic cable stitch, and how to knit on the round with cable needles.

Here are my recently completed projects:

Simple hand warmers (pattern HERE. Mine is slightly modified.):



Ribbed beanie hat (pattern HERE. Seriously took me 4 tries to get it right. I'm such a newb.):



I'm hoping to learn to make these awesome hand warmers:


In theory I can read almost the entire pattern, but in practice they may turn out looking more like a giant ball of tangled yarn. Practice makes perfect though, right?

No comments: