Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Zoo-tastic!

Yesterday we decided to take Taylor to the zoo for the first time ever. It was super crowded and I was sniffling and sneezing the whole time, but we still had a blast. I think Tay was amazed that all these animals he knows really exist and aren't just in cartoons and movies.

Here are some highlights.

This was the one and only elephant on exhibit. It came right up to the gate to eat some food and Taylor loved watching him.


I just loved this bear. They gave him a huge block of ice with fruit in it and he was going nuts trying to get to the fruit.


The infamous lion drinking fountain! They now have about five of these things throughout the zoo and Taylor LOVED them. It really surprised me because I remember as a kid being absolutely petrified of it. We had to practically drag him away after he got a drink so that other kids could take a turn.


My boys. Tay insisted on Daddy carrying him even though we had a stroller. I think he just likes being able to see over everyone.


The giraffes. They had a super cute baby here too but I couldn't get a picture because there were too many people. Tay loved watching them all eat "yunch."


A picture I shot of my sweet baby while we waited in line for the bird show. Don't you just wanna squeeze him?


Our little family. It was so nice to sit in the shade while we waited for the bird show to start.


The bird show is my very favorite thing at the zoo. I just find it so fascinating that they can train these wild birds and I love watching them fly over the crowds of people. This particular falcon gave the trainers a hard time when he was released from his cage and rather than gliding down to the trainer decided to perch in a nearby tree for a while. This picture reminds me of a painting my dad did years ago.


I am amazed that this picture actually turned out. This is Tay's favorite bird (a HUGE owl) flying over the crowd. Pretty cool, eh?


Daddy and Tay with one of the trainers and Taylor's favorite bird. We asked if he'd rather get a picture with the owl or the American Eagle. He chose the owl.


It was a super fun day and I'm glad we got there early so it wasn't too hot. I hope everyone else had a great Labor Day!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

What a cute family you guys are!!!

Little b's Boutique said...

Anne, you look great!