Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Twenty-Seven!*

*If you aren't familiar with this Simpsons reference, I suggest you watch it HERE.


Well, my husband is officially 27 years old. Yep, he's gettin' up there.

Here's a little summary of our birthday festivities.

7:30 a.m. - Sean and I lay in bed and talk before Taylor wakes up. As soon as the kid awakens we let Daddy open his birthday present - the Spencerian Penmanship theory and workbooks. Seems my man really wants to improve his handwriting, and who am I to kill his dream?


7:45 a.m. - I happily hopped out of bed (after singing a stirring rendition of "Happy Birthday") to make the Seanster some grub. Here are the remnants of his delicious birthday breakfast:


8:15 a.m. - I proceed to take picture after picture of the birthday boy while he finishes getting ready for work. He was thrilled to be bothered like this in the wee hours of the morning.


8:20 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Sean works his tush off - a silly birthday won't get in the way of a man climbing that big 'ole career ladder.

12:15 p.m. - A delicious birthday lunch at Costa Vida with his two favorite people. Well, sorta. His two favorite people weren't available so he took Tay and I instead.

1:15 - 6:00 p.m. - Back to workin' his tush off.

6:15 p.m. - Fantastically amazing dinner of tuna casserole prepared with love by yours truly. Taylor then gave him the birthday card he made. He wasn't proud of himself at all.


6:45 p.m. - Fantastically amazing dessert of homemade carrot cake with homemade cream cheese frosting prepared with love by yours truly (thanks for the recipe, Aunt Holly!!)


Sean's getting Taylor to bed now so we can relax and watch some tv before bed.

Our really exciting birthday extravaganza will come this Friday night. On the agenda: hanging out in Salt Lake, dinner at Aristo's (my mouth is watering just thinking about their salmon), then Jim Gaffigan at Kingsbury Hall. I can't wait!

Happy birthday, my love! You are the most amazing man, husband, and father in the entire universe! Thanks for being born. :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Sean is so lucky and blessed to have you!