Monday, May 24, 2010

A Dinosaur Birthday Party


Taylor asked me months ago to have a dinosaur birthday party with a dinosaur cake. I wasn't really that surprised considering his love of all things prehistoric. We had the party last night at my Grandma's house and it went really well. We were hoping to have the party outside since there's a lot more room in their backyard, but the weather just wasn't cooperating.

We had a big potluck dinner with lots of yummy food, then Tay opened his pile 'o presents and then we had cake and ice cream. The cake was the most stressful thing I worked on for the party. I found this little clipart T-rex a while back that I loved and used it for the inspiration for the cake:


And here's how the cake turned out. I was really happy with it and got lots of compliments, the best one from the birthday boy. Taylor was so excited about his cake and every time someone came over he had to show it to them:


Taylor got totally spoiled this year (as usual) and we came home with a car full of dinosaurs, dragons, guns, tools, and his big present from Mommy and Daddy - a new bike! I can't wait to teach him how to ride it.


We had a great night and it was so much fun to celebrate my munchkin's third birthday party with everyone who loves him.

2 comments:

temaire said...

That cake looks fantastic! You did a great job!

Sarah said...

Love the cake Anne it is super cute!!