Thursday, September 30, 2010

Taylor Adventures

I'm soooo behind on this blog, so I'll attempt to catch up with a couple of posts about what the Nichols family has been up to lately.

First of all, some random Taylor goings-on.

He's decided that watching TV is way more fun if he sits in the most uncomfortable positions imaginable. I'm sure he's fine sitting like this with his little flexible three-year-old body, but it seriously hurts my back and neck just watching him.


A few weeks ago my mom bought Taylor a pair of rain boots - or, as he calls them, his "welly boots." They are so cute on him and I'm excited that he can take them on and off himself. He likes them too; in fact for a few days straight he wore nothing but his underwear and boots. He thinks it makes him look like a superhero.


I have my own car during the day now (Sean got the Nissan going again so I get the Element) and Taylor and I went to Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove a few weeks ago. I forgot how much fun that park is and Tay had fun as long and other kids didn't try to play with him. We're having a bit of an anti-social problem with him lately and he's just not been very interested in playing with kids his age. I'm hoping this phase passes soon.




We have a garden area outside our living room window and we moved in too late for me to plant much of anything, so Taylor gets to dig and play with his trucks in the dirt. He's such a boy!


It's amazing to me how fast Taylor is growing. It's a little bittersweet as a mom to watch my baby get older and smarter and more independent. He's my little buddy and I love that I have the opportunity to stay home with him during the day. I get to play with him and listen to his silly stories all day long and I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

oh my gosh, i laughed out loud with the pic of Taylor with the boots and undies! LOVE it! if there are big groups of people/kids, Landon will do the same thing--just want to play by himself. He's more about the hang out with one friend at a time thing. He's too much like his momma.:-)