Saturday, November 20, 2010

Preparing for D-Day

After Taylor was born Sean and I lived off of fast food and frozen pizzas. It was definitely not the most nutritious (or frugal) way to go, and I was determined that this time around would be different. I would plan ahead and set one day aside for baking, divide up the food into tupperware containers, and have a freezer full of dinners when I got home from the hospital after having the baby.

Much to my amazement, I actually did it! I chopped and simmered and cooked and baked all morning, and I now have dinners for almost three weeks packed away in the freezer. I have a feeling that I'll be really grateful to have those dinners when I get home from the hospital.


Now, who wants to come over and wash my dishes?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow!! is all i can say--i would be exhausted if i cooked and baked that much in one day--and i'm not even 8 months pregnant!! and honey,you better believe that if i was even in the same state I would be over in a heartbeat washing those dishes for you!!! i hope you had help!! you are amazing!

Cathy Brooksby said...

If you can wait till next month I will come wash your dishes. Good job on all the food. My mom would come and do that when she visited the week after the baby was born. Loved it.