Monday, January 3, 2011

One Month Old


Oliver is officially one month old today! I can't believe it's already been a month since he was born. Guess time flies when you're sleep deprived!

I guess Ollie must have known that today was a special day because he gave Mommy and Daddy a present this morning - he smiled at us for the first time! He has smiled before, but we weren't sure if it was just gas. This morning was different though; he grinned from ear to ear every time I smiled and talked to him. It was so precious! We attempted to get a picture of it but as soon as we whipped out the camera he refused to perform. I did sneak this one though. Isn't he adorable?


Some more little tidbits about our Itty Bitty:
- His neck is really strong and loves to hold his head up and look around.
- Between about 8pm and 11pm is his cranky time. He cries and complains and is pretty much inconsolable during that time. Good times.
- He wakes up about every two hours at night, and Mommy can't wait until he's sleeping for longer periods of time.
- He sneezes and hiccups constantly. I think his little baby body is having a hard time adjusting to life outside of Mommy's tummy.
- We put him on his tummy at least once a day and he usually really likes it. Sometimes he brings his legs up under him and pushes off like he's trying to scoot forward. We both think that he'll reach his physical milestones (rolling over, sitting up, crawling, etc.) well before Taylor did.
- He hardly ever spits up, giving us a lot less laundry to have to wash (though I'm still washing at least one load a day. Ugh.).
- He is still doing great with nursing and has really plumped up since he was born. He's got chubby little thighs and a little barrel chest now. It's so cute!
- He's also grown length-wise and is now in 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes. I'm happy he's getting bigger, but I've now got a bin of clothes that are too small for him that he never even wore once. Good thing I've got some friends that will be having babies soon!

Now that I've got nursing well-established with him, I'm able to pump occasionally so that someone else can feed him. Sean and I celebrated this momentous occasion last night by going on our first date since the wee one was born. I can't even begin to describe how bad we needed some time to ourselves, and last night was just what the doctor ordered. We went to Red Lobster for dinner, then went shopping at Kohl's and ended the night at Starbucks for some hot chocolate. My mom watched the kiddos (thanks Grandma!) and Oliver took the bottle just fine after a few minutes of trying to figure out what on earth Grandma was trying to give him. Sean and I came home with our batteries recharged and feeling refreshed.



Being a mom of two is so hard and stressful sometimes, but I wouldn't give it up for the world. I love my two boys so much and I'm so happy that I get to be home with them all day and watch them learn and grow.


No comments: