Tuesday, August 30, 2011

An afternoon at Deer Creek


Sunday afternoon we packed up the Element with towels, sunscreen, and snacks and headed up Provo Canyon to Deer Creek Reservoir.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day at the lake and I loved just watching the water and boats. Taylor and Sean built sandcastles together and had fun swimming in the water. We were both really surprised that Taylor was so willing to jump in and swim.


Ollie and I made a little makeshift tent by putting the Pack-N-Play on it's side and covering it with a blanket. It was really hot and there was no shade, so we just hid out in there and played with toys while the boys explored.


Don't I look lovely, all sweaty and overheated? It really wasn't THAT bad, but I honestly believe that something about me being super pasty white prevents me from being able to survive in the sun for any extended period of time.


I love when we go on spontaneous adventures as a family. It was a really great afternoon and it was nice to get out of the house for a while.

No comments: