Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's a growin'

It's been eight weeks since the last time I buzzed my head, and it's been growing pretty quickly since then. I've been taking a headshot of myself every Friday and plan to continue it for at least a year so I can see visually how my hair grows. I'll occasionally post progress pictures and then I'll compile all the photos into a video after the year is through.

So here's what I look like today:


I think it's officially long enough now that it looks like a super short pixie cut, and I can no longer be mistaken for a boy or a cancer patient.

In all honesty I really liked buzzing my head; it was incredibly therapeutic somehow. I guess it's a bit hard to explain, but it felt almost as though I was wiping the slate clean, starting anew. There were certainly days when I'd wake up and see myself in the mirror and wonder what on earth I had done, but mostly I just enjoyed the process and surprisingly learned a lot about myself along the way.

Obviously I still have a long way to go before I have long hair again; I'm guessing it'll take me at least half a decade to get it to the length I'd like it to be, and I look forward to recording the progress and having fun with each new hairstyle as it grows.

2 comments:

Cathy Brooksby said...

You are amazing. Love you.

Nicole said...

it looks a lot longer since i saw you last--it's going to be down to your shoulders in no time! ;-) That video will be cool to see!