I'm still in complete disbelief that Taylor will be 6 months old the day after tomorrow. The time has gone by so fast, and yet there's a part of me that feels like he's been with us forever. I find myself watching married couples who don't have kids and wonder what it was like back when it was just Sean and I. Being a parent is such an amazing experience. I've never been more happy, tired, frustrated, emotional, and full of love as I have been the past 6 months. That little boy means so much to Sean and I, and it's a completely different love than you'd have for anyone else, even your spouse. I think the quote really is true that says, "Deciding to be a parent is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body." My little boy is growing more and more every day, and the more he grows the more I look forward to having more children and watching them all grow.
Taylor and his kitty:
"See mom, I TOLD you I could sit up by myself!"
So since Thanksgiving is this week, I thought I'd make a list of some of the things I'm most thankful for. Here goes...
I'm thankful for...
- My husband - for forgiving me every time I mess up and never saying "I told you so"
- My son - who teaches me so much more than I could ever teach him
- Old friends I get to go through new adventures with (Christine)
- My mom - the most caring, compassionate person I've ever known
- My Aunt Holly and Uncle Buba - they've given us more than we could possibly repay and their prayers have wrought amazing miracles in my life. I truly believe that Heavenly Father has worked through them to bless our lives in so many ways.
- My health - something I'm sure I'll continue to take advantage of as long as I have it.
- My sense of humor - sometimes the only thing that keeps me from completely losing it.
- A warm home, food in my cupboards, and a reliable car to drive
- My knowledge of the gospel and the Book of Mormon - the sure compass I need daily to help keep me focused, faithful, and humble.
- My big, loud, obnoxious extended family - can't live without them, DEFINITELY can't live with them. LOL...
- Provo - The city that grows on me daily.
So there you have it - just a few of the many blessings I'm thankful for. I hope everyone reading this has a great week and a fantastic Thanksgiving. Be safe and count your blessings!