Friday, May 16, 2008

Party Preparations

Taylor's first birthday party is tomorrow afternoon, and I've been working like mad this last week to get everything prepared for it. I made a ton of chicken salad last night, and today I baked 4 dozen cupcakes and made millions of tiny white chocolate dots to "polka-dot" the cupcakes.

Taylor helped by stealing my oven mitt and trying to fit it over his foot, arm, and the cat.

I need to finish frosting the cupcakes and bake Taylor's cake tonight, and then tomorrow morning I'll frost his cake while my mom and aunt help set up for the party.

I was really stressed out for a while, but I'm finally feeling like everything is falling into place and I'm just looking forward to having a fun day with Taylor tomorrow. I can't believe my baby is almost a year old; it's a little bittersweet because he's growing up so fast, but I love watching him learn new things and look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with him.

Also, I want to thank Sean, my mom, and my Aunt Holly for helping me so much, even when I've been stressed out and ornery. I love you all so much!

No comments: