Saturday, May 31, 2008

Grillin' Fever


After several terrible attempts at charcoal grilling that ended with Sean catching the grill on fire (see photo), we finally gave in and bought a gas grill. We were going to buy a cheap-o one at Walmart, but after reading reviews on the one we were looking at we decided against it and invested a bit more money so we could get a quality grill. The one we finally chose was a Char-broil designer series with a side burner. HOLY MOLY what a difference! It was so much easier to use and because we bought one pre-assembled we were good to go as soon as we got home. We ended up making chili cheese turkey burgers and they were - in the words of Rachael Ray - YUM-O. While the burgers were cooking Sean played with Tay and pushed him in the swing we bought him for his birthday. The weather was perfect and it was a great night to dine alfresco. The best part about it was that we got a hot meal without the house getting hot too. We'll definitely be doing a lot of grilling this summer.

1 comment:

Joe Sturzenegger said...

I like your grill. I wish I had a Sweet Stainless Steel variety grill for grilling. I have posted a few of my adventures in grilling on my blog. Let me know what you think.