Thursday, June 2, 2011

I buzzed my head.

Yep. Yep I did.

I've wanted to do it for a while now, but haven't really talked much to anyone (but Sean) about it because I knew I'd get lots of, "WHAT??" and, "Don't do it!!"

So why did I do it, you may be asking?

A few reasons.

1. I've always considered myself somewhat of a tomboy, and my hair has always been a frustrating thing for me. It's just in the way all the time and I decided I couldn't stand it anymore and needed a break.

2. I feel like I need to learn a very important life lesson right now about following my instincts and desires, rather than letting other people govern what I do and don't do. This isn't a "rebellious" thing per se, just a way to push myself beyond my comfort zone and learn to be happy with my decisions, even if others are not.

3. I honestly like the way it looks and I love defining for myself what I deem as beautiful.



So will I keep it this way?

Probably not. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What no comments, yet?! I read this the day you posted but my boys were being stinkers and i haven't been back on your blog for a while and i had forgotten that you buzzed your head!!! Anne, Anne--you make me laugh. so does everyone ask to touch your head now? because, i'm not going to lie--i'll probably ask if i can touch your hair when i see you next. :-) You are fearless! lol.