Friday, September 16, 2011

It's silly how giddy I am right now.

Do the handles and sides of your glass baking dishes look like mine?


Gross, right? I've been trying for a long time to figure out how to get this nasty baked-on cooking spray off my dishes, but nothing has worked.

Well while I was washing my broiler pan with an SOS pad after dinner tonight I had an epiphany. If steel wool can get all that baked-on food off a broiler pan, why couldn't it clean my glass baking dishes? So I pulled out the worst pan and went to work. It took quite a bit of elbow grease (I've had this pan since we were married, so there was almost a decade's worth of cooking spray stuck to the thing) but it was TOTALLY worth the work.


Isn't that amazing?? I must not get out of the house enough or something, because this is making me so insanely happy right now. Unfortunately I ran out of SOS pads before I could finish, but they're on my shopping list and I will definitely be attacking all my other glassware in the very near future.


It's the simple things in life that bring the most joy, right?

Either that or I'm just losing my marbles.

1 comment:

Rosalee said...

I just learned the other day that most name brand cooking sprays contain silicone to prevent sticking. I'm pretty sure that is what leaves the gunk on the dishes. Store brand sprays don't usually have the silicone, so maybe it won't leave that nasty residue!