This is one of my very favorite dinners to make. It's so easy and SO yummy, and I thought I'd share it with everyone!
- 1 head iceburg lettuce (you can use Boston Bibb or butter lettuce leaves, but iceburg works just as well)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Asian chile pepper sauce (optional, but I'd highly recommend)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
1. Separate individual lettuce leaves, trying not to tear them. Rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
1. Heat cooking oil in skillet. Add ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, until meat is cooked through. Drain and set aside.
2. In same skillet, cook onion, stirring frequently.
3. Add the garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, and chile pepper sauce to the onions, and stir
4. Stir in chopped water chestnuts, sesame oil, and cooked beef; continue cooking about 2 minutes.
5. Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter or plate, and pile meat mixture in a serving bowl. To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the meat into a lettuce leaf. Wrap the lettuce around the meat like a burrito, and enjoy!