Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in the new year with runny noses.

Looks like we're going to be starting off the new year with a heaping helping of sickness. Both boys are sick and my day has been full of whining, screaming, and excessive amounts of mucous. The kids aren't doing so well either.

Hah! I slay me.

Anyhoo, I'll be spending the evening hoping that all the medicine and nose-snot-sucking-out-with-the-blue-bulb-syringe-thingie work on both kiddos so they can get to sleep. Sean and I will also be drinking sparkling cider, eating excessive amounts of those little mini mint chocolate chip things with white sprinkles on the bottom (is there an official name for those?), and watching Season 2 of True Blood. 'Cause there's nothing like kicking off the new year with fake booze, junk food, and vampires. That's just how we roll.

I hope y'all have a very happy and safe evening and a very prosperous and fantastic 2012!

P.S. Y'know that whole diet I had planned for January? Yeah, so not gonna happen. I had a disastrous trial run today and nearly went out of my mind thinking about food non-stop. The whole idea was for me to set realistic goals, and I think that one was just a bit too much of a stretch for my level of self-discipline and willpower. I'm still going to eat better, just not like a starving, deprived rabbit. More on that later.

No comments: