Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chemo: Round Two

Sean started his second round of chemo on Monday and has actually been better this cycle than the last cycle. We did a lot more planning for this week and it's definitely paid off. We're both a lot less stressed out and Sean has a bunch more energy too, which is FANTASTIC.

And what is not so fantastic? Taylor and I are both sick. He started getting kinda sniffly on Sunday night and by Monday night he had full-blown croup. He's got a yucky cough, runny nose, and a sore throat. I was up with him all Monday night and ended up sleeping in his room to make sure Sean could get some sleep, which would have been totally doable if I hadn't gotten sick too. I have a terrible cold that I'm afraid is turning into stomach flu.

Miserable baby + miserable mommy = not a good time.

Luckily my mom's coming up to visit and help me around the house today, which will be wonderful. I don't have the energy or motivation to clean at all, and it will be nice to have her watch Cranky McGee while I take a much-needed nap. I'm also excited because I'm getting my lifetime award at Weight Watchers tonight. You get that award when you've reached your goal weight and maintained it for six weeks. It also means that I only have to weigh in once a month and can go to meetings forever for FREE. Woo hoo!!

Thanks to everyone that has been bringing us meals, groceries, and lots of help. Sean and I both really appreciate all the sacrifices our loved ones have been making for us right now, and we look forward to getting back to normal life and being able to give back to all of you. We love you!

No comments: