Friday, February 1, 2008

The frustrations of mommyhood..

So the past few nights have been really difficult with Taylor. He'd keep waking up screaming and arching his back and we had no idea what was wrong with him. Last night was the worst - I was up with him constantly from 10:30 until almost 4:00 in the morning! I slept with him on the sofa since he would wake up so constantly that it was keeping Sean awake. You end up sitting there trying to come up with all the things that could be wrong - Does he have a cold? Is he cutting teeth? Is he constipated? Is he just fighting sleep? Finally at almost 5:00am a lightbulb went off in my head and I took his pjs off. I pulled his legs out and they were soaking wet with sweat; same thing with his arms. Once he was down to just his diaper and onesie, he grabbed his feet, gave me a big smile, stretched out on the sofa, and was OUT. I wrapped him up in his blanket, laid him in his crib, and he didn't budge at all. He slept perfectly the rest of the night (or morning I guess) and is a happy little clam now.

I'm glad I figured out what was wrong, but it's pretty ridiculous that we had to go through several sleepless nights when all we had to do was take his hot pjs off. Oye... oh well... maybe I'll get a nap today so I'm not a total zombie all day (yeah, right).

Oh, and just an update on Sean - he's still doing really well. He's still more tired and weak than usual, and he has to watch what he eats really carefully so that he doesn't get sick, but it's nothing like the weeks he has chemo. We're really looking forward to having some quality time together before he starts round two. We're also celebrating Valentine's Day early since he has chemo that week; he's taking me to see Riverdance next Friday night! I'm soooo excited.

Anyhoo, I'd better get back to His Majesty the Baby. hehe!

No comments: