Monday, February 25, 2008

An update (finally!)

I know it's been a while since I updated everyone on Sean's condition. His second round of chemo started two weeks ago and it was absolutely awful. He was so sick to his stomach and was having terrible hot flashes where only parts of his body were hot and the rest of his body was freezing cold. He also had a difficult time eating and drinking and ended up getting severely dehydrated, which added to his sickness.

On top of that, Taylor and I were both really sick with colds that entire week. I was miserable and got way behind on housework and poor baby Tay hardly slept at all because he was so congested. I ended up having to sleep in the nursery almost the whole week so that Sean could get some sleep; it also made it easier for me to get up when Taylor woke up over and over again crying. By the end of the week my house was a mess and Sean and I were at each other's throats. This has been the absolute most trying time for our relationship in the nearly 6 years we've been married.

On Tuesday Sean went in for his weekly shot and ended up having a horrible reaction to it for some reason. He was in so much pain that he was shaking uncontrollably and screaming at the top of his lungs. He honestly thought that he was going to die. Luckily we were able to get in touch with the clinic and he was advised by his RN to take the strongest pain killers he had and try to get some rest. He had some Lortabs left from his surgery in December and thankfully they kicked in quickly and he was able to rest.

My mom came and stayed with us Tuesday and Wednesday to help around the house so that I didn't lose my mind in a sea of garbage. She really helped me get my house back in shape and it was nice to have the company too. I love my mommy! Sean had to stay home from work Wednesday as well, but was able to go back to work on Thursday and worked a full day Friday. He was regained a lot of his strength and we were able to have a pleasant weekend cleaning the house and visiting family in Salt Lake. Today it's pretty much back to life as usual, which is great.

A week from today Sean will start his last round of chemo, and two weeks after that he'll have another CT scan to see if it worked. If not he'll have to have surgery, followed by more chemo and possibly radiation.

Thank you to all of our family members and friends that have given us so much support. We know that you are praying for us and we appreciate it more than we could possibly say. Hopefully this will all be over soon and we can put it behind us, having learned so many lessons about love, life, and faith.

No comments: