Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Five Months


This little chunker is five months old today! I'm loving getting to know this little boy and seeing his sweet little personality come out.

Here are some little tidbits about our almost-half-a-year-old kiddo:

- He likes to scream. Screaming is his way of communicating with us. If he wants your attention, is upset, or wants his big brother to back off, he screams at the top of his lungs. It's the funniest thing in the world.

- He LOVES his jumper. Even when he's sad and crying because he wants to get out of it, he keeps jumping. It's hilarious.

- Unfortunately Oliver is following in his brother's footsteps when it comes to sleep. Oliver is up CONSTANTLY at night, and hardly ever takes very long naps either. He just wants to be awake, even if it means he's super cranky with big puffy eyes because he's fighting sleep so hard.


- Oliver loves faces. If you get your face close to him he'll immediately stretch out his chubby little hands and touch your cheeks, nose, and lips. The other night he laid next to Sean and I and just went from one of us to the other, running his little fingers all over our faces. It was like he was trying to memorize his mommy and daddy, and it nearly brought me to tears.


- He's getting really good at controlling his hands and can now play with toys pretty easily (and by "play" I mean shove in his mouth).


- Oliver is doing really well with sitting up supported, and I think in another month he'll be sitting up on his own. Every time we lay him on his back he immediately strains to lift his head up; he wants to sit up and see the world.


- Ollie has been getting a serving of rice cereal every day and he really loves it. I have a hard time feeding him because he wants to grab the spoon out of my hand. Funny kid...


- He has the saddest "booby lip" I've ever seen in my life. When this kid is sad he makes sure everyone knows it. And seeing that little bottom lip stick out and his big brown eyes fill up with tears just breaks my heart.


- Oliver loves hanging out with Daddy and Taylor. He's always so interested in what they're doing and I can tell he really wants to be able to do all the things his big brother does.



I know I say this every month, but it's just amazing to me how fast time has gone by! I feel like I blink and another month has passed. Sometimes being a mother is no picnic, and there are times when I feel like I just need a break, but being at home with this little guy and his big brother is so much fun and it's the only thing I want to do right now.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh, he's so cute! I can't wait to see him IRL.

Lindz said...

I love all your pictures, they go along with your descriptions perfectly. he is one handsome boy. I misplaced your number so give me a call so we can get together. we are sick so maybe sometime next week??