Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My crazy boy


I thought I'd write about some of the nutty things Tay's been doing lately.

- He insists on apologizing for everything, even if he was completely not at fault. He'll trip over something (or we'll accidentally trip over him) and he instantly showers us with, "Sowwy, sowwy, sowwy!" I'm constantly telling him that it's okay and he didn't need to be sorry. It is nice though because if he does do something wrong, he knows he needs to say sorry and hardly ever needs to be coaxed to do so.

- Everyone is "hon." I can't even count how many times a day my son calls me "hon" or "honey." My mom and I assume it's because we call him that so much that he thinks that's what he needs to say. Most every "thank you" and "sowwy" is accompanied by "hon." It absolutely cracks me up when he says it.

- I'm always trying to encourage him and reward him when he's doing something positive, rather than disciplining him when he does something negative, and now he tries it on me too. The other day I was cleaning and organizing the master bedroom and Tay was hanging out with me, playing with some stickers. I had just finished clearing off the floor by the dresser and he looked down to see what I'd done, and then looked up at me with a big smile on his face and said, "Wow, good job hon!" I just burst out laughing, almost to the point of tears.

This is such a fun age! I love you, Tay!!

No comments: