Sunday, February 15, 2009

V-day dinner


On Friday night Sean and I went up to Salt Lake for Valentine's Day. We had reservations at a Greek restaurant called Aristo's - a place we'd heard about before but never been to. We got into SLC a bit early, so we drove up into the high avenues and parked on a road looking over the whole valley. We used to drive up there a lot and it brought back a lot of memories. We talked for a while and exchanged our V-day gifts, then headed to dinner.

Aristo's has been open since 2005 and is owned by a Greek family that... how shall I say this... are very obviously Greek. I really wished I could have snuck a picture of the owner to post; instead I'll refer you to a picture of Joey Fatone from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Just picture him a bit shorter and wider, and you have the owner of Aristo's.


Anyhoo, it was a really sweet little restaurant. The best part was definitely the food - in one word it was DIVINE. We started with spanakopita - a pretty common Greek appetizer consisting of phyllo dough filled with feta cheese, spinach, onions, and dill. For our entrees, Sean had pastitsio - a Greek lasagna comprised of macaroni noodles, seasoned ground beef, and bechamel. It came with half a tomato stuffed with really tasty feta cheese. I got the lemon pepper salmon, served with lemon rice and steamed carrots and zucchini. The fish was cooked perfectly, and I just couldn't stop eating.

When we left the restaurant we vowed to each other that we'd definitely be back for our anniversary in June. I'm already so excited! Next we drove up State Street to 52nd South and stopped at Cold Stone for dessert before heading home.

It was a really great night and it was so nice to spend some quality time with my hubby. Believe it or not, this was our 11th Valentine's Day together since we started dating. Crazy how fast time flies, and every year I love my sweet Sean more and more.

Thanks for the great night, babe. I love you!

No comments: