Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Taylor's Temple


We have a couple of pictures hanging on our living room wall of the Bountiful Temple - the place our family was sealed for time and all eternity way back in August of 2003. Lately Taylor has taken an interest in those photos, and now every time he sees them, he points and says "Temple! Temple!" over and over again.

On Sunday we were leaving church and he noticed the church steeple and immediately started yelling "Temple! Temple! Temple!" with so much enthusiasm. It just melted my heart, and we decided to take him down to see the Provo temple as soon as he got up from his nap. As soon as we pulled up along side the beautiful building, Tay's eyes just lit up. He talked about the temple for a few minutes, and then we decided to go visit some friends in the area. As we left he said to himself, "Temple. Temple. My temple. Taylor's temple." Sean and I both got a little choked up listening to our little one speak so highly and admiringly of the house of the Lord.

I'm so thankful to be able to raise my son with the gospel, and I'm overwhelmingly grateful for his sweet spirit that he brings into our home. I just can't imagine that Sean and I were ever this happy before we had our precious Taylor.

No comments: